Raising money online is easy!
If you follow our instructions and fundraising tips, you'll find the process to be painless for you and your donors.
1. USE THE ONLINE SYSTEM
Our new fundraising system is simple. You email friends and family your 'ask' with a link to your fundraising page on it. They click the 'donate to this golfer' button, slap their credit card down and drop $25, $50, $100++. Within minutes they get an electronic tax receipt and you get notified of their donation. It's safe, fast, convenient and donors who give online give more so why wouldn't you?
(Yes, you can download and use the pledge form as well here.)
2. SET UP YOUR PERSONAL PAGE
It takes 5 minutes, but it matters. When you invite people to give they go to your personal fundraising page. It is important when they get there to find three things:
- A nice picture of you (ideally with golf club in hand - avoid pictures of you in Florida with speedo or bikini)
- A short but personal message about why you are golfing for Ray of Hope
- A fundraising goal. We set a default goal of $300 - but to be honest, we're hoping you'll aim for $1000. Whatever your goal is, reference it!
- Bonus Tip: if you want to give some bounce to your fundraising, make sure you give to your own cause first. Above and beyond the registration fee, if your donors see your name scrolling on your page, they'll follow your lead.)
3. ASK TEN PEOPLE & KEEP IT PERSONAL
We all get those mass emails from friends who talk about their fundraising efforts. We all tend to ignore them too don't we? Exactly, so you'll do far better sending out ten (10) personal emails rather than sending out mass emails to ten thousand. Ask your wife, your parents, your best friend, your work/school friends and within a few days the money will roll in.